Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Teacher Tuesday: Bringing Spring to Us

My, time is flying by!  Another frigid day in New York City.  Without planning, fellow-educator and future-principal Rosie and I were on the same page of bringing sunshine to us with our bright colors.  It may be cold, but we can still wear vibrant colors to help brighten up our days.  It's March afterall, and this is the time of the year where educators struggle most to keep up all the hard work.

Something I reflected on this morning while walking to work is: teachers are challenged with suppressing personal and job-related challenges so that they can do just that, teach.  Working with people, in our cases impressionable young people as well as adults, requires a lot of giving.  In order to give and to nurture learning, teachers often pretend that all is well, regardless of the reality.  However, doing so is especially tiresome because it is draining a reserve that is already depleted.  Therefore, at the end of the day, what is left?  How does a teacher maintain her personal life, while doing her best to maintain her livelihood?

While I don't have the answers to that, I do have a colorful wardrobe, and a collection of lipsticks that brighten my spirits. Here Rosie and I are catching the last of daylight after our afternoon graduate class.


Rosie: Boden short, J.Crew sweater and skirt, Hue tights, Ugg boots, awesome David Yurman bracelet. Rosie's tights are navy.  I really appreciated her colors today.  The lighter blue, red, tan and navy.  Perfect!

Me: pink J.Crew cardigan and mustard yellow skirt, purple Hue tights, brown Frye Regina pumps, Heroine lipstick.

My students told me I looked like a rainbow today.  My response was an enthusiastic thank you!  And I meant it!

J.Crew factory earrings on Me, custom earrings on Rosie
The beautiful thing about this photo is we each have on so many colors and none of them repeat.  Love love!


No comments:

Post a Comment