Wednesday, July 23, 2014

How to Wear Short Shorts

Yesterday O and I rode our bikes across the Manhattan Bridge to Chinatown for lunch.  What a ride!  The last time I rode my bike across the bridge, I was a little traumatized by riding in rush-hour traffic heading towards Midtown.  Those taxis!  This time was different, though. We headed out late morning and were in Chinatown by noon.  The bridge was challenging as expected, but not as bad as I remembered.  Perhaps my legs are stronger.

Here's what I wore:

crochet crop top from Express, print shorts from Target, black leather sandals by Mariella (a find at Marshall's!), Louis Vuitton purse, Heroine lipstick by M.A.C
After lunch we rode to Soho for some shopping and snapshots.


I spotted these shorts while shopping with my mom in Target.  I almost bought them a size smaller, as to avoid making any alterations.  While the smaller size fit, the fit was something that would relegate these shorts to beach wear and not walking around the city comfortably.  My mom insisted on me sizing up and helped me realize what a simple alteration it would be-- due to the print and pockets, all I had to do was take an inch or so in from each size following the pocket line.  Perfect!  As I continue to grow and hone my style, I realize the importance of a great fit.  Even when it requires some work.



 The key to wearing short shorts when you have a curvy figure is wearing them a little loose.  I also prefer the high-waist as well, for a sophisticated touch.



As for lunch, we ended up at H K Wonton Garden.  It seemed a little counterintuitive to have soup after riding across the bridge in summer heat, but the beef tendon and shrimp wonton soup I had hit the spot!

Until next time,
<3
M

No comments:

Post a Comment