Monday, August 4, 2014

A Trip Upstate

I just got back from spending a few days upstate New York at a friend's beautiful, country home.  O, Almond and I caught Metro North to Poughkeepsie, though we were staying closer to New Paltz.  Metro North allows leashed dogs on the train!  If it weren't for having to take the subway, Almond would have comfortably travelled with us the entire way, just on his leash.  Very good to know!

Here's what I wore:



My mom picked out this strapless, patterned dress at Marshall's.  The chambray shirt I'm wearing is from Old Navy.

I am completely in summer mode, so even though this trip was scheduled in advance, I hurriedly backed my bags hours before leaving to catch out train.  I've been challenging myself this summer, an impromptu challenge, to do little laundry and wear all my clothing.  For this trip I backed long dresses and skirts, all recent purchases from my New Jersey shopping excursions, and a long-sleeve chambray button-up to layer on when things got chilly.  

A quaint church in the quaint town of New Paltz.  




Here's what I wore to the Ulster County State fair.  Tribal skirt worn as a high-waist skirt from Marshall's, American Apparel black body suit with chambray shirt tied over it.


O and I at the fair.  My large "snail" ring was a two dollar and ten cent find a local art supply store.  I love buying rings in the most random places.  

Check out more highlights from the fair, including fried Oreos and the Game of Throne horse on my Instagram.

Here I am at the Shawangunk Ridge aka "the Gunks."  Almond was very excited to be in the mountains!  My simple black dress is from Target, and the purple crossover that I really do wear as a neutral is from Coach.


I meant to do a favorite things post last month, so for this trip, my favorite part was the quiet.  O captured that essence beautifully in this panoramic photo.


Until next time,
<3
M

No comments:

Post a Comment