Monday, November 24, 2014

Loving this Green

Happy Monday!

Here is an outfit I wore recently with a few of the latest additions to my wardrobe, including my new favorite pencil skirt.


I am loving this asymmetrical zip pencil skirt from J.Crew in heather evergreen.  The fit is perfect, the material is very sturdy and warm and the detailing is unique.  There is nothing fake about this zip; it works!  And the color, I can't believe this is the first major piece in my closet in this beautiful, deep green. 


As for the rest of the outfit, I'm wearing a cropped J.Crew sweatshirt in speckled grey over my favorite chambray shirt from Old Navy, Hue tights in opaque black, and Fyre Regina boots in black.




I like the "chill" aspect of a fitted (of course) sweatshirt over an otherwise structured outfit.



This skirt is so structured that I really did need to unzip it a bit to be able to move properly.


I ended up staying out all day and catching up with some colleagues and students to see an off-Broadway show.  This happened to be the coldest day ever, and thankfully, I was well dressed for it... except for my tights.  For true winter, which I didn't realize was in November, I usually wear knit tights at least, if not wool leggings.  Otherwise, my puffer coat and earmuffs did the trick.

My makeup is pretty neutral with powder for shine and my favorite red, Ruby Woo by M.A.C.

Until next time.
<3
M

No comments:

Post a Comment