Saturday, November 1, 2014

Neon Socks in the Village

Happy Saturday!

Here are some photos from an afternoon when I met up with two kindred spirits from my last school.  We met up in the Village to share stories and some tasty eats, and they kindly supported me by taking my picture outside the restaurant.  As I was posing for photos, a random older man passing said: "Nice socks!"  I smiled and said "thank you," as I'm always appreciative of genuine, seemingly- small interactions with strangers on the busy New York streets.



I built this outfit from the feet up.  I've been changing up the way I style outfits lately, and socks with pumps have been my go-to, fall inspiration this season.  I like the pop of neon of these socks, and that they're a different green than the green of the butterfly on my sweater. And of course cut is everything-- a slim yet roomy sweater against a fitted pencil skirt with a blazer is classic.  I like low pumps for work because they're practical, yet give a welcomed lift of confidence with each step.


There is nothing like a mix of textures to add dimension to an outfit.


I'm wearing a J.Crew Factory navy sweater, my favorite black pencil skirt from Target, neon green socks from J.Crew, my go-to leather pumps by Fyre, and a tweed blazer also from Target.

 

This detail shot is everything! My calgel nails, expertly done at Marie Nails (Nolita location), against my backpack from Madewell, and gold arm candy complete with a few fun rings-- my favorite initial ring that has held up nicely from Urban Outfitters, my favorite pave midi ring from Bauble Bar and my heart ring from A Gypsy's Junk pop up shop.

I know I took a week off from posting, but I am back on track for next week!  Reflective, written posts and outfit posts to come!

Happy weekend to all.
Love.
M



No comments:

Post a Comment