Monday, August 17, 2015

A Happy 30th in an Orangey-Red Romper

Hey everyone,

Here's what I wore to celebrate my born-day in Bedstuy, Brooklyn last week:


This romper didn't look like much on the rack.  In fact, I would have skipped it if I wasn't romper-obsessed.  I got it less than two weeks ago at H&M.  Yup, good ole H&M.  I ended up sizing way down for a more fitted fit.  I had to make a second trip to the fitting room because sizes one and two that I took in, were both too big.  Fit is everything.

To style it and make it a little more summery, I folded the sleeves and added a fun, simple leather platform shoe.  These shoes were a find at DSW years ago.

The mix of African bracelets that I've truly been wearing all summer with everything are from a random African shop in Bedstuy and the white Maasai bracelet is from Calabar on Franklin Avenue.

And the clutch is actually a "tablet clutch" from Coach a few seasons ago.


I didn't intend to do a blog post, hence no detail shots or close-ups, but I'm learning to just go with it-- it's all good!  


For my makeup, I got some inspiration from one of my style icons, Lupita N'yongo, and kept it very neutral-- gold highlighter around my eyes; eyeliner and mascara; a bit of MAC's Fever blush; and my new favorite nude lipstick called Touch, also by MAC.

Some kinda-candids from the night of celebrating, including two additional rompers and some leather shorts.  My friends stay inspiring me!

Orange + red rompers.


Orangey red + blue romper.

Romper plus leather shorts.

Yup, welcoming 30 was a lot of fun.  I'm truly excited about this new decade of living, learning and loving.

More to come (and on IG).
<3
M



2 comments: