Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Little Black Summer Dress

 Good morning everyone!

For the first part of the summer, I lived in this little black, summer dress!  It's so easy, flattering and perfect for brunches with friends and casual dates.  Yup, this dress has gotten around.  Now that I'm a lot darker thanks to all my glorious sunbathing-- seriously, my IG can attest to my love for beach bumming around-- I prefer to wear lighter colors.  However, since this dress is so easy and versatile, I may pack it for my upcoming trip to Asia.  I digress...

Here's what I wore to brunch earlier this summer:


black babydoll (A.K.A. skater dress) from ASOS, white chucks by Converse, Louis Vuitton purse




I <3 layering necklaces with my nameplate.

The choker is part of a set I initially purchased from Burlington Coat Factory for my much younger sisters.

I got these earrings for $1 from a street vendor in Brooklyn.

A mix of African bracelet bought from various vendors in Soho, Bedstuy, Kenya and Calabar Imports (on Franklin in Prospect Heights). 





 These blue nails were vibrant!  That is until the sun faded them to a dull, but still workable, blue.

Oh, and no makeup except for a tinge of Ruby Woo by MAC.  That's pretty much my summer look. A bare, sunkissed face with a pop of color on the lips.



Until next time.
<3
M

Photo Credits: Doris!
Location: Cafe Rue Dix on Bedford Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment