Wednesday, October 7, 2015

The Return of Plaid of a Pop of Neon

Happy Wednesday!

As promised here's a post revolving around a new favorite that I picked up at Old Navy while killing time before brunch in Harlem recently.  Since styling this outfit, I already worn this skirt out dancing at a local spot with a cropped top, of course.  I love a versatile, high-waist piece.

Work has been crazy busy, and between adjusting to full weeks of teaching while maintaining a social life, I've been... tired.  Happy, but without enough time to write these blog posts in the way I'd like to.  That plus some technical difficulties set me back two days.  Ah well, here goes.

Here's one of my favorite work looks thus far:




I initially planned to wear this plaid skirt with an orangey-red lipstick-- I totally think about outfits in random parts like that-- but then I decided to have a similar pop effect with this statement necklace with pops of neon yellow, orange and pink.




Lately I've been into polishing my fingernails with two different colors and changing up the random accent nails.  So much fun!  Assorted gold-tone jewelry from J.Crew Factory and Express via my big sister's closet a few years ago.



The skirt is from Old Navy and surprisingly fits with minimal gaping at the waist, the top is a sturdy denim shirt from Gap 1969 and the necklace is from H&M a few years ago.  The pumps are my go-to, brown leather pumps by Frye.



Until next time!
<3
M

Affirmation of the day: I have more than I'll ever need!

No comments:

Post a Comment